3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Power Lift Gate Retro-Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Yesitsstock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Lift Gate Retro-Fit?

I've searched but had no luck - I'm picking up my 2014 Durango Friday. I noticed that it does not have the power lift gate. Can I Retro-fit one myself? Is the wiring there already? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:14 PM
2012sxt
Professional

i had them add remote start to my durango when i bought it since I just bought the base model with no fancy upgrades...I will tell you the new remote that came with it has the button for the rear power lift gate and it does make the lights flash double as if it were going to open but since i dont have anything plugged into it it does nothing. There is a rubber plug where the wires should be and I am sure they are tucked behind so might be worth looking into...maybe i will poke around one day and see if i get power to the wires when i hit the button...the other issue would be the sensors that i believe it has so it wont close if you are in the opening

Old 12-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Yesitsstock

Thanks for the response - I'm not interested in having the remote function, I just want the button in the back for the lift gate to close when pressed.

Quick Reply: Power Lift Gate Retro-Fit?