3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Removing DODGE emblem in front grill

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:16 PM
humyz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing DODGE emblem in front grill

Before I break something or end up with a blank space in the grill I wanted to ask a few questions. I bought a metal HEMI emblem that is 5 inches by .6 inches. Will that fit in the space of the Dodge emblem. What does the grill look like with OEM emblem removed? Is there a flat surface behind there?

How can I remove the OEM emblem without breaking it?

Old 01-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by humyz
Before I break something or end up with a blank space in the grill I wanted to ask a few questions. I bought a metal HEMI emblem that is 5 inches by .6 inches. Will that fit in the space of the Dodge emblem. What does the grill look like with OEM emblem removed? Is there a flat surface behind there?

How can I remove the OEM emblem without breaking it?

In order to remove the emblem you'll have to remove the entire front fascia, which sounds more difficult than it is.
I can't give you a step by step process but it takes about 10 minutes -- 4 screws, disconnect fog light and pull. It is mostly snap on stuff and sound terrible when it is coming off but go slow and you'll be fine.
Maybe some here can pass along some links on "How to"

Old 01-24-2015, 10:40 PM
GotRPM
Professional

I removed the DODGE emblem on my '12 R/T in less than 1 minute with a screwdriver, prying carefully - as have many others. Didn't damage the clips, no need to remove the grill. The rectangular area behind the emblem is flat (well actually very slightly curved) with just the clip holes.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:29 AM
plasmageorge
Rookie

Same for a 2013 R/T ?...I just bought red R/T badges, one for grill, one for Tailgate.
I'm putting chrome HEMI badges on the fenders, exactly like the ones on the new Challengers.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 AM
humyz
Professional

anyone have pics of the back of the OEM emblem?

does the back look like the pic in this auction?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-E-M-Dodge-Charger-Red-Stripe-Grill-Emblem-Nameplate-/321646464100?hash=item4ae39f8c64&vxp=mtr

Last edited by humyz; 01-26-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

I beleive you have a 14, its not the same. There is plenty of posts on here about the 14 emblem. Anyone that has changed on the 14's from what I have read here and on other sites have just snapped it off. There is no clips like the 11-13 has. I still havent done mine, but I'll get around to it some day this year.

**Sidenote**, if you find a way of getting it off without breaking, please share

Quick Reply: Removing DODGE emblem in front grill