3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Citadel Random No Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Trader979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Citadel Random No Start

Hello All,

New to the forum. Leased a new 2014 v6 citadel back in July. About 2 months later vehicle would not start (no crank). Got out of vehicle, closed the door and tried the remote start. Started right up. All has been well until a few days ago. Would not start and remote again started car right away. Several hours later same thing but this time took several presses of the remote. Of course, dealer said today that since there are no codes and can't recreate problem, nothing they can do. Anyone else have this issue? I see there are issues with earlier models tipms. Wondering if it also present in 2014s.
Thanks

Old 02-04-2015, 10:38 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader979
Hello All,

New to the forum. Leased a new 2014 v6 citadel back in July. About 2 months later vehicle would not start (no crank). Got out of vehicle, closed the door and tried the remote start. Started right up. All has been well until a few days ago. Would not start and remote again started car right away. Several hours later same thing but this time took several presses of the remote. Of course, dealer said today that since there are no codes and can't recreate problem, nothing they can do. Anyone else have this issue? I see there are issues with earlier models tipms. Wondering if it also present in 2014s.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are experiencing an intermittent no crank condition. Does the issue occur on a cold start or after vehicle has been driven? Did the dealer keep the vehicle overnight?

Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello All,

Thanks
Trader979,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your starting issue. Pinpointing the root cause of an intermittent concern can be difficult. Duplicating the issue would ensure an accurate and efficient resolution. Noting that the starting issue seems to be related to the ignition and not the remote start is important.

Did you have an opportunity to speak with the Service Manager at your dealership?

Old 02-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Trader979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first and second no start was first start of the day. The third the truck had been used earlier in the day. While it appears the fob was detected, going to switch it out with my spare. Dealer, while they believed me, had no insight as to the cause. Had an LR4 Landrover that had electrical issues. While it always started, sometimes radio/nav would go out or alarm would randomly activate. I love tech but some of the components used by these companies are pure crap.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The first and second no start was first start of the day. The third the truck had been used earlier in the day. While it appears the fob was detected, going to switch it out with my spare. Dealer, while they believed me, had no insight as to the cause. Had an LR4 Landrover that had electrical issues. While it always started, sometimes radio/nav would go out or alarm would randomly activate. I love tech but some of the components used by these companies are pure crap.
Trader979,

How long did the dealer keep the vehicle? My suggestion would be to take it to the dealer again; let me know which dealer and when you will be taking it there and I can follow-up with that dealer to see if we can get to the bottom of it together. If you choose to do this and would like me to schedule an appointment for you, don't hesitate to let me know!

Quick Reply: 2014 Citadel Random No Start