3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Resetting Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 AM
NJMoparDad
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plasmageorge
So it's not plug and play, there are settings ?
Who is he ?
I see them on Flebay for $450, Hypertech is $300

Can you describe the install ?
I know the Hypertech has a few harnesses to plug and play
I'm no motor-head so I won't change settings myself. You're better off buying it directly from Hemi Fever because you will get custom tunes from Sean without paying extra. His tunes make a difference and his customer service is top notch.

The instal is simple. It comes with easy to understand instructions and Sean will answer any questions you have. You get the tuner, plug it in to the port under the dash and follow the instructions. The tune installs and saves two files back to the tuner, your back up and last tune. You email the files to Sean, he modifies them and sends them back to you. After a few tanks of gas you hook the tuner up again, let it log some stats for him, and email him again. Sean will fine tune the files, custom just for you, and send them back again if changes are made. I went with the 93 octane tune for performance and WOW, there's also an 89 octane tune or 91 octane tune available. Sean will give you 89 and 93. My gas mileage has been the same unless I drive hard, which is usually the case.

He also has instructional videos on you tube fro every step. I'll attach the tuning one below.

Quick Reply: Resetting Throttle