3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Stock Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:41 AM
plasmageorge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Subwoofer

So I started taking apart the rear compartment to see what I'm dealing with the stock 8" subwoofer, wiring, enclosure.

It sure is buried and concealed, so no wonder it doesn't have much affect. You can still hear/feel the affect, I disconnected it and you can hear the loss of low end.
But,
I was wondering about porting the enclosure ? Anyone try it ? I've done it before with stock subs and it gave them more thump. I drilled a 3" hole into the enclosure and the enclosure sounded worse (less power just by holding my hand over the hole.....but I didn't get/buy a port to install yet. I want to have the port come up through the ALPINE logo (think it will look cool).

I also tried to wire another 8" Sony Subwoofer box, wiring it to the stock speaker wire harness, it sounded pretty weak. This made me conclude the stock amp doesn't have much power. I want more thump, just don't want to install the Infinity Basslink, due to space, and seeing it. I had one in a prior car.

Last edited by plasmageorge; 05-05-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Double D Performance sells a custom box that fits in the place underneath and supposedly sounds pretty good, it comes with the sub and has a place for the amp all hidden under the hatch where the stock woofer is

Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 PM
911Boulder
Rookie

Once the weather gets nice I'm going to remove the stock sub enclosure and custom make and enclosure for my 2 12", and, and other equipments I have in the rear storage area...

Old 03-17-2015, 09:48 PM
roogie
Rookie

I took mine out to clean under and found two Nintendo 3DS games from the previous owner.

roog

Quick Reply: Stock Subwoofer