3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

cruise control on/off switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 10:25 AM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cruise control on/off switch

So... we just left monday for a 1400 mile trip from Colorado to Oklahoma to help family with spring calves. 2013 Hemi Awd Durango. Anyway, monday morning my wife is driving, we finally hit the interstate and the cruise control will not turn on. No errors or lights on. I takeover driving in Raton, and if i push the button really hard the light comes on. Then after that it switches on easily the rest of the trip.

5 days later on the return trip, first thing in the morning, same thing. Hard push on the button to get it to work then after that smooth sailing.

Will/should the dealer replace the switch? Does it have to stop working completely to get it replaced?

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:43 AM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add it to the list of things to be repaired or looked at for the next applicable service, unless it is past your warranty coverage.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by zaktrafton
So... we just left monday for a 1400 mile trip from Colorado to Oklahoma to help family with spring calves. 2013 Hemi Awd Durango. Anyway, monday morning my wife is driving, we finally hit the interstate and the cruise control will not turn on. No errors or lights on. I takeover driving in Raton, and if i push the button really hard the light comes on. Then after that it switches on easily the rest of the trip.

5 days later on the return trip, first thing in the morning, same thing. Hard push on the button to get it to work then after that smooth sailing.

Will/should the dealer replace the switch? Does it have to stop working completely to get it replaced?

Thanks for the help.
Hi zaktrafton,

Sorry to hear about your concern. I would definitely recommend at least having an FCA dealership take a look at this concern. Additionally, there is a TSB that may apply to your situation. It involves no response or a slow response from the cruise control switch if it is pressed quickly. It’s TSB# 08-010-14, screengrabs of it are attached below.

Safe travels and keep us posted on this!

Old 03-24-2015, 05:44 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's the second attachment (due to file size).

Attached Thumbnails cruise control on/off switch-durango-cruise-tsb1.jpg  

Quick Reply: cruise control on/off switch