3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Passengers Side Floor Wetness...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:50 PM
911Boulder
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passengers Side Floor Wetness...

I noticed this evening that there was a musty smell in my Durango when I left for work... I traced it to the passenger's side floor and noticed that it was sopping wet... Any idea what could cause this...?

*** We did have a good amount of rain last night and this morning ***

Old 08-12-2015, 07:29 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Does your Durango have a sunroof? If so, maybe one or more of the drains are plugged causing the water to instead find its way down the A pillar to the floor.

Has your windshield ever been replaced? If so, maybe the installer didn't get it sealed properly.

-Rod

Old 08-12-2015, 08:28 AM
J6L
Rookie

As stated, If you have a sunroof that could be the culprit. There are 2 drain tubes, one on each side of the vehicle. I only had the wet carpet issue on the passenger side after it rained. I then elected to remove the lower kick panel on that side. With the help of a flashlight, I found the drain tube was disconnected. I simply reconnected the hanging tube into the drain that redirects the water out of the inside of the car. You can also check past posts on this matter as well.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM
911Boulder
Rookie

Where exactly is the drain tube...? I'll probably be looking into this over the weekend...

Old 08-18-2015, 11:56 AM
J6L
Rookie

I am guessing you do in fact have a moonroof. These drain tubes are only for that option. I was able to correct this issue by gaining access from the lower kick panel. Once removed you will need to shine a light up towards the A pillar and locate the loose rubber tube. The drain portion is approx at the height of the top of the panel you just removed. Re-connect them and you should see a difference…no more wet carpet. Again I believe there was a previous forum on this that might be helpful. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 AM
colormeblue
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's definitely a clogged A/C drain.

Quick Reply: Passengers Side Floor Wetness...