3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Dashboard power cutting out while driving

Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM
hemismith
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard power cutting out while driving

On a trip last weekend my dashboard began intermittently resetting while driving -- everything goes out but immediately everything comes back and the chime sounds. A bit disconcerting, although it doesn't affect the engine. This started right after I decided to sell the car! Last year I had an intermittent brake light start at close to the same place oddly, but it stopped after I got home whereas this is still happening.

I also have an intermittent airbag light -- started a long time ago, then was off for a long time, now is on all the time -- but I don't think that's related.

I haven't found any posts of anyone else having this issue. Any ideas? Afraid to take it to the dealer; they typically will just say I have to replace a $1500 module.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:03 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Out of curiosity, how old is the battery? Modern cars are VERY sensitive to weak batteries, and I'm generally pleased if I get 3 years out of a car battery these days. A weak/old battery can cause some pretty strange electrical issues.

-Rod

Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 PM
hemismith
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, good point, thanks, I believe it's the original battery, so over 4 years. I don't recall it getting replaced but I'll double check. I too rarely have gotten more than 3 out of factory batteries.

I forgot that I also had a brief weird moment on this trip when I also couldn't roll up the front passenger window, from either side. Tried the lock switch several times to no avail, and the back windows were fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dashboard power cutting out while driving