3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

No power to rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:44 AM
Ptownzbrown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to rear view mirror

Just had the windshield replaced to remedy a leak noticed after heavy rain 2 days after purchasing 2011 Citadel . Took back to dealer purchased from to fix leak and when returned to me there is no power to the rear view mirror so the rain sense and auto dim are not working . Now I'm definitely going to take it back but would like some feedback so I know what I'm looking at . Does the rain sense work through power to the mirror and if they got the power back to the rear view would the problem be solved or is there more to it ?

Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 AM
J6L
Rookie

I would say the two are related. Once you get the windshield guy to reconnect power you should be good. Just an FYI; some Durango's (mine incld.) incurred leaks due to a block moonroof drain. In my case, it started out as wet floor and carpet after a good rain. After a bit of investigating I found an unconnected drain tube in the kick panel as the reason. Just something to keep in mind if you still have a water issue.

Last edited by J6L; 01-16-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:21 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you had a chance to bring your vehicle back to the dealership yet, Ptownzbrown? The Rain Sense Module is located on the inside of the windshield just below and to the right of the inside rear view mirror mounting button, so there very well may be a relation between the two. Hopefully your dealership can confirm this and get it taken care of quickly.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Ptownzbrown

Yes . All taken care of and working perfect .

Quick Reply: No power to rear view mirror