3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Can you reset the GPS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:08 AM
insureobx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you reset the GPS?

My GPS seems to be locked into a location in San Antonio. Nothing I do changes the location, I've even tried to get it to direct me to another location and it just sits on some street downtown. I'm on the coast of NC so obviously that's an issue.

Anything I can do other than take it to the dealer? I use my phone for GPS most of the time I just hate having something that isn't working.

2014 R/T and the most recent update was the one that was mailed to me by Dodge.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:42 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

You may try disconnecting the battery for a bit (or pull the fuse) to reset everything.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:08 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Does the GPS properly display your vehicle speed when driving? If not, maybe the GPS antenna is disconnected and the GPS has defaulted to the last position that it had locked on to. Has the GPS ever worked since you've owned the vehicle? Have you had any work done behind the radio or in the headliner recently?

-Rod

Old 01-27-2016, 03:16 PM
insureobx
Rookie

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
Does the GPS properly display your vehicle speed when driving? If not, maybe the GPS antenna is disconnected and the GPS has defaulted to the last position that it had locked on to. Has the GPS ever worked since you've owned the vehicle? Have you had any work done behind the radio or in the headliner recently?

-Rod
First time I noticed it was last Thursday. Then yesterday my clock reset back an hour. I had it checked to just go off the GPS clock so I didn't have to change it.

No work on the car recently, no other issues. Had it since October 14. First time I've any issue like that at all.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 AM
insureobx
Rookie

So, hop in the car last night and hit the nav and it's back to normal. Was going to unhook battery this weekend and see if that worked but I guess I won't have to now. Self-correcting nav, who knew?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:25 AM
D3-Blk-Hemi
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does this NAV unit have an aftermarket Mygig LockPick or similar disabler of in-motion functions. I had to remove mine for a similar issue. Not as long as yours but it would lock a position for hours sometimes 2 or 3 engine start cycles.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:40 AM
D3-Blk-Hemi
Professional

Found your issue!!!
You need to get the latest update for the NAV unit. Read this TSB it lists as an issue; Vehicle shown in San Antonio, TX
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0807215a.pdf
Download from http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

Or
https://www.mydrive.ch/login#/268606...oftware Update
Username: mygig@soxag
Password: gasolio

Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM
DDCREW
Professional

Originally Posted by insureobx
My GPS seems to be locked into a location in San Antonio. Nothing I do changes the location, I've even tried to get it to direct me to another location and it just sits on some street downtown. I'm on the coast of NC so obviously that's an issue.

Anything I can do other than take it to the dealer? I use my phone for GPS most of the time I just hate having something that isn't working.

2014 R/T and the most recent update was the one that was mailed to me by Dodge.

Any suggestions?
Your 2014 R/T should still be in warranty. I suggest you take the TSB that D3-Blk-Hemi mentions to the dealer (if your issue is the same or similar) and have them look into it.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:07 PM
insureobx
Rookie

Originally Posted by D3-Blk-Hemi
Does this NAV unit have an aftermarket Mygig LockPick or similar disabler of in-motion functions. I had to remove mine for a similar issue. Not as long as yours but it would lock a position for hours sometimes 2 or 3 engine start cycles.
It doesnt, bone stock. Think I'm straight now. Going to upload the update to the truck this afternoon.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:07 PM
insureobx
Rookie

Originally Posted by D3-Blk-Hemi
Found your issue!!!
You need to get the latest update for the NAV unit. Read this TSB it lists as an issue; Vehicle shown in San Antonio, TX
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0807215a.pdf
Download from http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

Or
https://www.mydrive.ch/login#/268606...oftware Update
Username: mygig@soxag
Password: gasolio
Thank you! I've got the update on a memory stick and I'll be doing that this afternoon. Appreciate the info.

Quick Reply: Can you reset the GPS?