3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

CEL, FCW error

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016 | 09:03 AM
Waynead
|
Veteran
Default CEL, FCW error

I'm starting to get worried- this is my third problem in a month.

This time the forward collision warning error light comes on and now the Check Engine light is also on. It goes into the dealer next Friday.

This is on the heels of a heater problem and a failed brake booster.

Old 03-18-2016 | 09:34 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Did your vehicle experience any symptoms before/during/after the lights came on? Also do you know if there are any DTC's?

Old 03-18-2016 | 11:47 AM
Waynead
|
Veteran

No symptoms, just got the warning FCW Off, stability control and Adaptive cruise warnings. On restart the warning lights were out, but come back on within a half hour or so. Even when they are off the adaptive cruise turns on but will not accept a setting. It happened right after I picked up the vehicle from having the brake booster replaced, but it cleared on a restart. Stayed off for a week or so, then yesterday it came back on every time I drove. I wonder if a connection got loosened during the booster repair.

After a few cycles, the MIL also came on and it has stayed on even after a restarts.

Old 03-18-2016 | 03:09 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Hopefully it is just a loose connection. If you're not experiencing any symptoms along with this, I would think there's a good chance of that. I looked for a TSB based on your concerns, but there were no TSB's that didn't involve other symptoms of some kind or another. Please keep us posted on what your dealership says about this!

Old 03-18-2016 | 04:08 PM
Waynead
|
Veteran

I will. As always, thanks for your thoughts DodgeCares.

Old 03-18-2016 | 04:36 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Anytime, happy to help!

Old 03-25-2016 | 06:16 PM
Waynead
|
Veteran

Another easy fix! It was just a bad brake light switch- stuck in the on position. I was never in a situation where I could see that my brake lights were always on and the car would start without putting my foot on the brake- in addition to the other faults I mentioned.

Old 03-30-2016 | 04:27 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Waynead
Another easy fix! It was just a bad brake light switch- stuck in the on position. I was never in a situation where I could see that my brake lights were always on and the car would start without putting my foot on the brake- in addition to the other faults I mentioned.
Glad it was an easy fix for you. Thanks for the update!

Old 03-30-2016 | 06:41 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech

Originally Posted by Waynead
Oh good. Glad it wasn't the cruise sensor up front...lol...they're really pricy!

Quick Reply: CEL, FCW error