3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Durango Winter Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:04 PM
draph94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango Winter Wheels and Tires

Our 2014 Durango R/T got totaled this summer. My wife replaced with a Honda Pilot. Of course the winter wheels/tires we just bought last November won't fit on the Pilot.

4,722 miles, one winter season, on Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow mounted on 4 18X8 5-127 ET45 Monte MT215 Titan wheels bought from the Tire Rack 11/21/15. They have the FCA TPMS sensors. New, the set cost $1771.17.

Anyone have advice on how/where to sell them? I'm not sure this site allows it..I have been a member on it awhile, but not very active...will look up Jeep Grand Cherokee sites, too...I'm sure these wheels/tires would also work well on a Jeep. I drove the Durango in a WI blizzard (12 in of snow) and it performed a lot better than the standard all seasons...

I'm going to miss the Durango R/T...Hemi and the 8AT were a fabulous combination...The Pilot's 9AT transaxle isn't up to the same ZF design standard IMHO - programmed for fuel economy, not real eager to kick down unless you are close to the floor with the gas pedal.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:03 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Try craigslist. Look up the rules for posting items for sale in the classifieds section. Selling in the tech sections is prohibited. You need to have 25 posts to list things for sale in that section.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:32 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Where are you located?

Old 07-08-2016, 12:05 AM
draph94

jkeaton, Sorry, I did not see the rules. If you looked up my profile, despite the only 9 post history, you have seen that I've been a member since Jan 2012...not some fly by night guy trying to register just to unload junk. So, if you can provide leniency, I would greatly appreciate that. If not, I'll understand if you kill this thread Out of respect for you and the rules, I will not respond to coldsteel unless you say it's OK. I'm certain I could contribute another 17 or so posts in other threads...might have to do it over a couple of weekends (busy work schedule and family life).

This forum was great in helping our decision to buy our 2012 R/T Durango in Feb 2012...We started having the TIPM problems in 2014 with no signs of FCA standing behind their product. Then we made the "mistake" of test driving a 2014 R/T with the 8AT and got rid of our budding TIPM problem by buying a whole new Durango in 2014 (yes, took the "fool me twice" risk since the product itself is so good IMHO). The 2014 was great and we had every intention of keeping for a long time (absolutely no problems in over 33,500 miles) until "the accident" that took off the front clip, bent the hood, pushed the left fender into the drivers door, and deployed every airbag except the right side curtain, smashing the windshield in the process...wife doesn't want to go for third Durango due to hip problems in the firm seats on long trips...and I think she felt a little traumatized from the memories of the accident when sitting inside a 2016 as we were making our replacement decision (I was hoping the now standard lux leather seats on R/T were noticeably more comfortable - they werent). That, and our towing needs diminished...so we went for less speed, more comfort, better economy, and arguably lower cost of ownership...

Last edited by draph94; 07-08-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:12 AM
draph94

So you know I'm not fibbin'

Best driving family car I ever owned

Last edited by draph94; 07-08-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:43 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

I understand but rules are rules and if I make exception for you, everyone will expect the same. I will allow this to stay here; however, I am closing the thread and ask that if anyone is interested you correspond with each other through private messages. Thanks for understanding. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Durango Winter Wheels and Tires