3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2015 Limited, no temperature blend

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 01:28 PM
furiousgeorge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Limited, no temperature blend

We bought our Limited last summer, and have been extremely happy with it so far. This will be our first problem with it. It has 25,000 kms. The issue is that we either have full a/c, full heat, or raw outside air. There is no temperature adjustment. The rear is the same. Has anyone else had this issue? Are the temp blend doors still an issue?

Old 08-08-2016, 02:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Do you have warranty left? One thing you can try is disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset everything.

Last edited by jkeaton; 08-08-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:38 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by furiousgeorge
We bought our Limited last summer, and have been extremely happy with it so far. This will be our first problem with it. It has 25,000 kms. The issue is that we either have full a/c, full heat, or raw outside air. There is no temperature adjustment. The rear is the same. Has anyone else had this issue? Are the temp blend doors still an issue?
Hello furiousgeorge,

I have found some information that I hope will help you. In the 2015 Dodge Durango Owner's Manual on page 382 it states:

Buttons On The Touchscreen
1. MAX A/C Button
Press and release to change the current setting, the
indicator illuminates when MAX A/C is ON.
Performing this function again will cause the MAX A/C operation to
switch into manual mode and the MAX A/C indicatorwill turn off.

on page 385:
11. Blower Control
Blower control is used to regulate the amount of air forced through the climate system. There are seven blower speeds available. Adjusting the blower will cause automatic mode to switch to manual operation. The
speeds can be selected using either the blower control **** on the faceplate or buttons on the touchscreen as follows:

Blower Control **** On The Faceplate
The blower speed increases as you turn the blower
control **** clockwise from the lowest blower setting.
The blower speed decreases as you turn the blower
control **** counterclockwise.

Buttons On The Touchscreen
Use the small blower icon to reduce the blower setting and the large blower icon to increase the blower setting.
Blower can also be selected by pressing the blower bar
area between the icons.

If you are still having issues and these steps do not fix the concern, then I would recommend taking it to an FCA Dealership for a diagnoses.

Thanks.

Lyne

Old 08-08-2016, 04:17 PM
furiousgeorge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We do still have warranty, but the nearest dealership is nearly two hours away. The max a/c setting is always off, we've never needed it as the regular a/c has always been more then enough to cool everyone down. Blower function is normal. It's just the temp. From its lowest temp setting (14 degrees or so), I can go all the way up to 23 degrees, at which point it seems the a/c is shut out completely and the system is just drawing outside air (the passenger side will remain blowing cold). It is the same from the highest temp setting. Full heat until about the 23 degree point, then raw air. The rear heat/a/c is exactly the same. I'll call the dealer I got it from and see what they think. The last time we had a vehicle at the dealer for warranty work, we were out of a vehicle for nearly the whole day, and they wouldn't give us a loaner (not so cool with three kids). So I try not to go there if at all possible.

Quick Reply: 2015 Limited, no temperature blend