3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

'13 R/T RHB radio and Waze

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 06:54 PM
pjw1967
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 R/T RHB radio and Waze

I have to disconnect my iPhone SE from the radio BT in order to get audio notifications from Waze. Is there a way to stay connected to the radio BT and still hear the notifications either thru the radio or the phone itself? Thanks.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:05 AM
jsawhite
Rookie

Originally Posted by pjw1967
I have to disconnect my iPhone SE from the radio BT in order to get audio notifications from Waze. Is there a way to stay connected to the radio BT and still hear the notifications either thru the radio or the phone itself? Thanks.
While I haven't tested this in my wife's R/T, I know there are 2 settings in waze that can get you around that. In settings, sound & voice, sound output. You can choose play as bluetooth phone call, which will interrupt what you're listening to and play notifications, then go back. Or choose play on phone speaker which will output from your iPhone even though you're connected via bluetooth... I've used both in my GTI. The bluetooth call is kind of annoying as it's an interruption. Playing on the phone speaker works, you just have to make sure you've got the volume turned up enough to hear it... *shrug*

Old 06-13-2017, 07:12 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

Originally Posted by jsawhite
While I haven't tested this in my wife's R/T, I know there are 2 settings in waze that can get you around that. In settings, sound & voice, sound output. You can choose play as bluetooth phone call, which will interrupt what you're listening to and play notifications, then go back. Or choose play on phone speaker which will output from your iPhone even though you're connected via bluetooth... I've used both in my GTI. The bluetooth call is kind of annoying as it's an interruption. Playing on the phone speaker works, you just have to make sure you've got the volume turned up enough to hear it... *shrug*
Bingo. Found the settings, changed to phone speaker and, viola! I started getting the voice prompts. Thank you, thank you. Now all we need is to be able to mirror the iPhone to the dash screen....