3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Front washer fluid problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 12:08 PM
jpacrox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Front washer fluid problem

Hey all. I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. My wife's 2015 Druango RT (5/7L) won't spray washer fluid out of the front but it will spray out the back. Here's what I did to troubleshoot:

1. As I understand it, there's a single pump for both so the fact that it sprays out the rear would mean the pump and fuse are good
2. I disconnected the line from the nozzle and attempted to spray, nothing came out of the hose
3. I forced air into the disconnected hose (mouth to hose method) and it bubbled up in the washer fluid reservoir -- hose not blocked.

I'm stumped. Is there a fuse that switches between front and rear? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Old 03-01-2018, 06:31 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

do you hear the washer pump run when you push the button, if so then id say the motor and pump impeller have seperated, replace the pump,

if not then check for voltage at the plug, if you have voltage, replace the pump, if not check for a fuse or relay that may be bad.

if your correct and there is only one pu mp you should be able to confirm that visually, and then there should be a split in the hose somewhere to control the destination of the fluid and you need to find it, however most of the time its 2 pumps because thats simpler than a solenoid controlled diverter valve. (i dont have a manual for the third gens to check)

Old 03-08-2018, 07:09 AM
XCELLR8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the 2015 is set up like my 2011 on the turn signal lever, they are two different switches. Maybe the switch to the front is bad, have to check for voltage at pump during activation.

Quick Reply: Front washer fluid problem