3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Trouble - CEL codes P0335,U1424, P1DD2, U0140,

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 05:26 PM
SJRhino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trouble - CEL codes P0335,U1424, P1DD2, U0140,

My 2014 Durango, 3.6L w/80k, has been running fine. Today I started the truck and quickly shifted into R: the truck actually had not started or shut off. When restarted, the engine light and the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Activation/Malfunction lights stated on. As I drove, the vehicle was hesitant, running rough, miss firing a bit to the point if felt like it was boggy down. Once I got on a 50 mph road, the truck did not want to get up to speed and the Engine light began to blink. I pulled into a parking lot and shut the truck off. I restarted and it was running fine and the ESC was now off, but the engine light was still on. It pulled 7 codes in the following order: P0335 crank shaft position sensor A circuit malfunction (confirmed), U1424 No DTC definition found (confirmed), P1DD2 No DTC definition found (confirmed), P0335 crank shaft position sensor A circuit malfunction (PERMANENT), U0140 lost communication with Body Control Module (PERMANENT), U1424 No DTC definition found (PERMANENT), P1DD2 No DTC definition found (PERMANENT).

After pulling the code I tried to erase them. It said something about unable to erase the 4 listed as permanent. Once I started the truck, the engine light was out. As I drove it home, about a mile, the light did not CEL light did not come back on and the truck seemed to run fine.

Any thoughts on what happened or what I should do?
And can I drive the truck?

Thank for any help.

Last edited by SJRhino; 03-17-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: additional details
Old 03-18-2018, 09:47 AM
SJRhino

I dove the Durango around for a while last night on neighborhood roads and highway. It ran fine and the engine light never came back on. Any thoughts on whether it's safe to drive or what steps should be taken?

Old 03-19-2018, 01:14 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Is your Durango green? If so, maybe it was taking holiday on the 17th....

The "U1424-00-IMPLAUSIBLE ENGINE TORQUE SIGNAL RECEIVED" and " P1DD2-00-TORQUE REQUEST SIGNAL FROM TCM DENIED" codes could also be related to the Crankshaft Position Sensor, so I'd suggest you keep an eye on that sensor. These could also be related to the transmission control module (TCM), and the U0140, even though it says it relates to the BCM, could also be due to a communication issue with the TCM.

One other thing to consider is how old your battery is. If the battery is the original battery, you may want to inspect the connections to make sure they are clean and tight and also consider performing a load test on the battery. If the battery is on the weak side, the draw from starting the engine may have caused the system voltage to drop below the level needed by the various modules for ensured correct operation.

-Rod

Old 07-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Tonya Ivey
Default Same symptoms

What was the solution to this? I am having the same issues and have the same truck (2014) with about 70k miles. Is it safe to drive? Any help would be great!

Originally Posted by SJRhino
My 2014 Durango, 3.6L w/80k, has been running fine. Today I started the truck and quickly shifted into R: the truck actually had not started or shut off. When restarted, the engine light and the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Activation/Malfunction lights stated on. As I drove, the vehicle was hesitant, running rough, miss firing a bit to the point if felt like it was boggy down. Once I got on a 50 mph road, the truck did not want to get up to speed and the Engine light began to blink. I pulled into a parking lot and shut the truck off. I restarted and it was running fine and the ESC was now off, but the engine light was still on. It pulled 7 codes in the following order: P0335 crank shaft position sensor A circuit malfunction (confirmed), U1424 No DTC definition found (confirmed), P1DD2 No DTC definition found (confirmed), P0335 crank shaft position sensor A circuit malfunction (PERMANENT), U0140 lost communication with Body Control Module (PERMANENT), U1424 No DTC definition found (PERMANENT), P1DD2 No DTC definition found (PERMANENT).

After pulling the code I tried to erase them. It said something about unable to erase the 4 listed as permanent. Once I started the truck, the engine light was out. As I drove it home, about a mile, the light did not CEL light did not come back on and the truck seemed to run fine.

Any thoughts on what happened or what I should do?
And can I drive the truck?

Thank for any help.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:25 PM
Dame
Default 2014 dodge durango

Hi saw your post about the different codes p0335, u1424, p1dd2 etc. Did you ever get the problem solved if so what was it?

Old 08-15-2023, 01:57 PM
elmouca
Default A Rag Can Fix It

Surprise, surprise! This was found when disconnecting the intake to the throttle body when troubleshooting a P1DD2 DTC. Don't overlook an intake restriction, as defined in the Dodge technical bulletin.

Last edited by elmouca; 08-15-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Trouble - CEL codes P0335,U1424, P1DD2, U0140,