3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Cracking Shift Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:45 PM
SteelSteve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracking Shift Bezel

Can't seem to find anything on this, so thought I'd ask. After about a year I noticed several cracks in the shifter bezel starting from under the chrome trim peace that surrounds the bezel and running inward toward the shifter. Since the car / truck was still under warranty I had my local dealer replace the part and all was well, until now. When I got in the car to head to work this morning I noticed a crack in my bezel. Is this a known or on going issue with these vehicles? I try to take care of my cars and don't abuse them, and have no young kids so I can't believe it's something I'm doing. I haven't priced out the cost of new one (car no longer under warranty), but I'd hate to have to buy and replace this ever few years.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:31 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

What year is your Durango? Could you (and would you) upload a photo showing the issue you are experiencing?

-Rod

Old 05-08-2018, 07:44 AM
SteelSteve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a 2013 Crew AWD.

So far there is only one, and it is at the bottom of the bezel. Unfortunately this is what happened last time so I expect others will show up all around the bezel.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:18 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hmm, interesting. I'm not sure what would cause that. My former 2011 Durango at 104k miles didn't have any issues there, although I had the transfer case shift dial in place of the little cubby. I suspect the bezel itself was similar. If you've had two of these crack in the same area, I wonder if there is something wrong with the console that is putting too much pressure in that area of thin material.

-Rod

Old 05-10-2018, 01:13 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2013 Crew purchased in November 2012 and have no issues with cracks in the shifter bezel. SHO Rod has a point in that something else in the console assembly may be applying stress on the bezel causing it to crack.

Quick Reply: Cracking Shift Bezel