3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Gen 3 Durango Nerf Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Dodgy_Bastard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen 3 Durango Nerf Bars

I can hear the wife complaining already... so I'm looking for Nerf Bars for my 2014 Dodge Durango RT.

If I could describe what I am looking for... I would prefer to get something a little more rugged, has a smaller tube that simply supports drop steps. I am having a hard time finding anything but 3-4" tube or flat panel side steps.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

2014 Dodge Durango RT (275 55/R20) Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" Lift Kit en route)

Old 12-14-2018, 09:59 AM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had them on my 2015, took them off the day after i bought it. They where OEM. Horrible. Your leg hit everytime you get out of truck. Would highly NOT recommend. Truck is also too low for bars not sure why they even make em.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Dodgy_Bastard

Added a 2.5" lift and bigger wheels and tires for a total, and i'm only guessing, about a 3.5" gain in height. They nerf/side bars are definitely more in the way than helpful. With the exception of the rear doors, for those not as nimble as they used to be and maybe a little older, they did seem to provide some benefit combined with the grab handles just inside the rear door openings.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodgy Bastard said: ". . . for those not as nimble as they used to be and maybe a little older, they did seem to provide some benefit combined with the grab handles . . . . " Absolutely! I'm 6-2 and my wife is 5-2 and she damned near got a hernia getting into and out of the Durango so I added the OEM side steps. Plus we're both over 70 so there is that. I don't need them but all my short friends like them.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:12 PM
eaglegolfj

Originally Posted by Dodgy_Bastard
I can hear the wife complaining already... so I'm looking for Nerf Bars for my 2014 Dodge Durango RT.

If I could describe what I am looking for... I would prefer to get something a little more rugged, has a smaller tube that simply supports drop steps. I am having a hard time finding anything but 3-4" tube or flat panel side steps.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

2014 Dodge Durango RT (275 55/R20) Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" Lift Kit en route)
Look on ebay they have all different styles to chose from and they are inexpensive as well.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:14 PM
eaglegolfj

I don't think the 3rd gen will interchange with the 4th gen trucks or suv's

Quick Reply: Gen 3 Durango Nerf Bars