3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

can bus problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 07:30 PM
David's Durango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can bus problem

My 2012 Durango has an intermittant can bus issue. When it acts up it begins with a warning bell, trac control light comes on, wipers run continuously, turn signals and cruise control become inoperative and the high beams quit. The Dodge tech said it looked like the multifunction switch after 3 hours of diagnosis which I replaced a second time but the problem still remains. The TIPM has been rebuilt and K1-K4 relays are new. Sometimes it takes 1 hour to show up other times when I start it in the morning it's acting up. This doesn't shut the whole network down only what is listed. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? This vehicle waqs used in law enforcement, has 50k miles but 14k hours on it.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:07 AM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

Knowing what LE garages do with vehicles, I'd say they messed with a lot of the wiring harnesses and you have gremlins now. Honestly, I'd trade it in. You'll never figure it out before putting way too much money into it.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:34 PM
David's Durango
Default can bus problem

Thanks for the reply, The good news is that after replacing a bad brake light switch and swapping an ECM relay the problem is gone!

Quick Reply: can bus problem