3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

No “Horn with remote lock”

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 11:46 AM
Akito0611
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No “Horn with remote lock”

I got a Dodge Durango 2012 citadel last week, and I have a issue.
Although I tried to set up to turn “horn with remort lock” off, but the set-up menu in the instrument panel doesn’t appear. I understand that owner’s manual says there is the menu “Horn With Remote Lock” in the instrument planel.
Do you have seen that situation? How can I turn it off? Please help me!

Last edited by Akito0611; 03-31-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm confused. Is the picture above from your Durango? If so, what happens when you select the right arrow key? Do you not get another menu where you can navigate to either On or Off?

-Rod

Old 04-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Akito0611

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, its picture is my Durango 2012.
When I select right arrow key at the above timing, it just makes a check mark at the left side of “Horn With Remote Start” only.
I have no way to select “Horn with Remote Lock”....

Last edited by Akito0611; 04-02-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:50 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From the 2012 Owner's Manual pages 330-332:

Customer-Programmable Features (System Setup)
Personal Settings allows you to set and recall features when the transmission is in PARK. If the transmission is out of PARK or the vehicle begins moving, a warning message SETUP NOT AVAILABLE, is followed in three seconds by, VEHICLE NOT IN PARK.
Press and release the UP or DOWN button until Setup displays in the EVIC. Use the UP or DOWN button to display one of the following choices.
Horn With Remote Lock
When this feature is selected, a short horn sound will occur when the RKE transmitter LOCK button is pressed. This feature may be selected with or without the “Flash Lamps with Lock” feature. To make your selection, press and release the SELECT button until a check-mark appears next to the feature showing the system has been activated or the check-mark is removed showing the system has been deactivated.

Horn With Remote Start
When this feature is selected, a short horn sound will occur when the RKE transmitter REMOTE START button is pressed. To make your selection, press and release the SELECT button until a check-mark appears next to the feature showing the system has been activated or the check-mark is removed showing the system has been deactivated.

You can download the manual from the Dodge website https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/ca...penGarage=true

Old 04-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Akito0611

Thank you DDCREW.
Of course, I got it a few days ago, and read it, and then checked my action again and again.
And then I made sure there is not “Horn With Remote Lock” on my Durango.
Is it issue for only my Durango?

Last edited by Akito0611; 04-02-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:53 AM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Akito0611
Thank you DDCREW.
Of course, I got it a few days ago, and read it, and then checked my action again and again.
And then I made sure there is not “Horn With Remote Lock” on my Durango.
Is it issue for only my Durango?
Maybe a trip to the dealer could provide some answers as to why your Durango doesn't have the option of Horn With Remote Lock when the owner's manual says it should. By the way, I set the Horn With Remote Start on my Durango to Off, just the flashing lights. I think all those horn noises are annoying.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Akito0611

Originally Posted by DDCREW
By the way, I set the Horn With Remote Start on my Durango to Off, just the flashing lights. I think all those horn noises are annoying.
Yes, I think so too. I am annoyed by that noise, and around people of my house might be so that in midnight especially.

By the way, can we replace the tone of the horn when we do the Remote start/Lock/Unlock?
I would be happy if I could replace to simple tone/electronic sound like Mercedes, rather than loud noise. Do you think so too?

Last edited by Akito0611; 04-04-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Quick Reply: No “Horn with remote lock”