3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Looong Crank before Start 2013 V6 Grand Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Turbo_Boss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looong Crank before Start 2013 V6 Grand Cherokee

Hello Guys

I know this is a Dodge Forum but since my car is also related to Dodge I hope you can help me.

I have a 2013 V6 Jeep Grand Cherokee that have a Long crank before start issue only when the engine is hot.

In the morning it start immediately, if I stop the engine and press the start button, it start immediately, inclusive if I drive 50 miles and stop the engine and start it, it start immediately..... BUT if I stop and left the car sitting for around 10 minutes, when I try to start the engine, then it long crank before start, sometime it start on the 2nd or 3rt try...

I was thinking my problem was the external fuel pump relay the dealer installed back in 2013 when there was the TIPM recall for the fuel pump relay

So went to to check that external relay with his own independent fuse holder. Open the fuse holder and to my surprise, the plastic part of the fuse was melted.

Checking further found that the wire going from the fuse holder to the relay socket was like rotten (wire was corroded (turns from shiny copper to black)

So I decided to change everything. New Fuse Holder, Relay Socket, even that they use a Bosch relay, I installed a new Bosh 30/40 amp Relay.

Installed everything and the engine start immediately BUT I still has the same problem............ It only happen when the engine is hot.

Any idea or advise what to check?

Thx & Rgs

Isaac

Old 12-03-2019, 09:07 AM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Just a possibility to think about. Fuel injector leaking or dripping when shut off. When sitting turned off for short periods of time the fuel has effectively flooded the engine making it hard to start. When sitting for longer periods fuel has flooded but also during the time period has somewhat evaporated. If possible you could pull the injectors leaving them attached to the fuel rails and charge the system and observe for a drip ?? Just an idea to think about.

The following users liked this post:
Turbo_Boss (12-03-2019)

Quick Reply: Looong Crank before Start 2013 V6 Grand Cherokee