3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Wipers won’t shut off

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 11:27 PM
mommymopar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers won’t shut off

Hello! I just got my car back from getting it detailed (interior cleaning) and my right turn signal goes in and out, my front wipers won’t shut off and my rear wipers won’t come on...has anyone ever had this happen? I’m hoping it’s a quick fix. I’m thinking of going back to the place to have them check it out but don’t think they can do much...so stressful.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:13 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Please provide some details on your Durango since this forum covers multiple years and sub-models. Does your Durango have rain sensing wipers? Does anything change if you select a different wiper speed setting? What do you mean by "right turn signal goes in and out?"

-Rod

Old 12-08-2019, 10:39 AM
mommymopar

Sorry, It’s a 2018 SXT. When I first got in the car, the right front turn signal was out along with the wipers on. It eventually started working after driving for a couple of minutes. The wipers don’t change settings, if I push the lever to intermittent (slow vs fast), it’s not registering that I’m changing anything. I can’t push it in to produce wiper fluid and the back wipers don’t come on at all. I don’t have rain sensing wipers, I have the standard edition.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:38 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

You probably should go back to the detailer and let discuss the issue with them. If they have not had this happen before and know a fix, see if they have a system for filing complaints. If so, file a complaint, then try disconnecting the battery, leave it disconnected for 5 minutes or so, and reconnect. See if the issue is still present.

I don't recall reading about anyone else having a similar issue and unless they spilled a bunch of cleaning solution in the steering column which got in the multifunction switch or under the hood with the TIPM, I'm not sure what they could have done to cause this that wouldn't also show some physical damage, such as a broken stalk.

-Rod

Old 12-09-2019, 11:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mommymopar
Sorry, It’s a 2018 SXT. When I first got in the car, the right front turn signal was out along with the wipers on. It eventually started working after driving for a couple of minutes. The wipers don’t change settings, if I push the lever to intermittent (slow vs fast), it’s not registering that I’m changing anything. I can’t push it in to produce wiper fluid and the back wipers don’t come on at all. I don’t have rain sensing wipers, I have the standard edition.
Hi mommymopar,
I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Durango. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

Old 12-26-2019, 07:53 PM
vipergg
Rookie

If its an 18 then it's probably still under the bumper to bumper unless you have put on more than 36000 miles in one year . Take it to the dealer if its still under warranty .

Quick Reply: Wipers won’t shut off