3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

high pitch squeak/ 3rd row floor area

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:03 PM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default high pitch squeak/ 3rd row floor area

I have 2015 R/T and i have a noise coming from the 3rd row area seems like its on the floor around where the seat mounts. I have sprayed all the moving pieces but cant seem to pin point it. Anyone else experience this noise? When seats are folded down no noise. Only when upright. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:22 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RamedHemi
I have 2015 R/T and i have a noise coming from the 3rd row area seems like its on the floor around where the seat mounts. I have sprayed all the moving pieces but cant seem to pin point it. Anyone else experience this noise? When seats are folded down no noise. Only when upright. Thanks.
Hi RamedHemi, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

Old 02-08-2020, 09:56 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Have you tried folding one seat at a time to see if you can narrow it down to at least one side? Then you can study areas where that seat touches something else for signs of rubbing/polishing or try placing old socks/shirts/rags between interfaces to see if there's a particular spot that stops making the noise when insulated.

-Rod

Old 02-12-2020, 04:01 PM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes i believe its passenger side one but it seems like noise is concealed behind the plastic cover near floor area. i may just try tightening any bolts i can get too.

Quick Reply: high pitch squeak/ 3rd row floor area