3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New Member...bit of a rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 10:09 PM
Tony Song
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member...bit of a rant

Let me start by stating I'm a car enthusiast, not a brand enthusiast. I've owned everything "performance" oriented from a '92 VW GTI 16v to Cadillac CTS-V Wagon Manual to a Ferrari F430 to myriad of 40 sports cars in between. The latest purchase was to replace my daily 160k mile '11 Mercedes GL450. Shopping everything from an AMG GLS63 to a RAM TRX, my criteria were v8, AWD/4WD, enough space for kids, bikes, & hauling miscellaneous crap. Unbelievably, there's not a single dealer that I called that would sell me an RS6, Durango Hellcat, or RAM TRX for MSRP (wtf!). Anyhow, I stumbled upon a Durango SRT 392 locally and after looking at the spec/price/performance gumbo, I pulled the trigger. I know coming from an antiquated 2011 Benz to a "modern" 2021 Durango SRT, there would be no comparison, but call me impressed. Dodge deserves credit for creating/maintaining an outdated platform that melds modern with analog, keeping the v8 alive and enthusiasts happy. While not the fastest, most sophisticated car on the market, the Durango 392 holds a place in the market that has no rival. V8, large SUV, <$70k & a semblance of handling.

Toyota is a joke with their TRD Pro, Honda has fallen into the hands of suburbanites that will never see anything dirty, BMW is now stale and so pandering to the masses that they have nothing to offer to even a mildly interested enthusiast, any Mercedes worth buying is now $125k. I could go on and don't even get me started on Lexus. Just one person’s opinion that could be shot from a thousand different directions, but I hold that an honest V8, AWD, real interior space, reliability, and a touch of sport is hard to come by in today's car market. Bravo to Dodge for continuing to produce honest cars that enthusiasts want to buy.

I'll be enjoying my '21 Durango SRT 392 for the foreseeable future!

Last edited by Tony Song; 02-18-2021 at 07:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Orin500XL (02-20-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 09:12 PM
CFUSION
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. The durango has no competition at it's price point.

Old 02-23-2021, 01:44 PM
bald347
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess time will tell if they worked out all the bugs. My 2006 seems to develop problems

Quick Reply: New Member...bit of a rant