3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Engine tick

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 06:19 PM
Amber52377
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine tick

I have an early (manufacture date 12/2013) 2014 with just over 84k mi that threw a code for a cylinder 5 misfire a few months back (approx 76k mi). Truck idled rough a few days but since it happened right after a fuel-up, assumed bad gas. Check engine light cleared & idle smoothed out so I didn’t think anything off it. A week or so later, the engine began to tick and has ticked ever since. Idle’s fine & haven’t noticed any performance related issues. I’ve been told that I have a bad rocker arm and that all of them as well as the cams should be replaced to the tune of nearly $2k.

Has anyone had any luck with Dodge/FCA covering some or all of the cost of repair? Seems like a pretty excessive repair on a vehicle that’s well under the standard mileage for its age.

I don’t have $2k to dump into a vehicle that already has problems with the stupid UConnect system turning on when it wants to after start up. I’d cut my losses and dump the damn thing but inventory for anything I’d want is crazy low & ridiculously priced right now thanks to supply chain issues.

Quick Reply: Engine tick