3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Front CV replaced at dealer, now steering pulls right.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 11:12 AM
brianxtreme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front CV replaced at dealer, now steering pulls right.

Had the driver side front boot rip, they replaced half-shaft under warranty. Now when steering wheel is straight the truck goes to the left. Driving straight, steering wheel is not centered. Dealer stated no alignment performed as it's not needed for a cv replacement. I would imagine it would be needed, tie rod gets disconnected as well as strut and spindle. What do you think?

Old 05-19-2023, 07:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Take it back and take someone at the dealership for a ride and demonstrate the issue.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:22 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Dragging brake?

After a drive carefully check the temperature of the left front wheel relative to the right front wheel. If the left wheel is noticeably hotter than the right, maybe they didn't get one of the brake pads seated properly or the brake hose may have been damaged in the process of removing and replacing the shaft. I'm of a similar belief as the shop that the alignment won't necessarily be impacted from changing the half shaft if they're careful with it. If I still had free access to an alignment system I'd check it, but since I no longer do, I just monitor the tire wear after I get everything back together and have yet to have one that had a drivability concern or tire wear issue afterwards. Granted as a hobbyist I'm basing that off a rather small sample size.

-Rod

Quick Reply: Front CV replaced at dealer, now steering pulls right.