3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2018 dodge durango 3.6 penstar p0300 p0301

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 02:56 AM
Michaelshaft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 dodge durango 3.6 penstar p0300 p0301

I got 18 dodge durango v6 3.6 problems I having is I have p0300 and p0301 with 88k thousand on it, replace both Battery, spark plugs, coil packs, injectors, pcm, and done compression test and I keep having issues of random missfire. I get random misfire when at high rpm only I don't know what to do now it's frusting and annoying

Old 04-16-2024, 01:42 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the forum. So is the P0301 now fixed and you're only getting the random misfire code, and it only triggers at high engine speed? Does the engine seem to run completely fine, or do you feel the misfires at high engine speed?

I'm not very familiar with the 3.6L Pentastar, but considering everything else you've replaced I would first suspect a camshaft position sensor issue or possibly a crankshaft position sensor. I recall with at least older Fords a missing crankshaft position sensor signal will cause stalling and/or a no start condition, and spark and fuel injector pulses were controlled off the camshaft position sensor. I also recall older Mopars had a Crank/Cam Synchronization routine that could be performed with a high end scan tool to help and that could help with random misfire situations. So I'll suggest you look at the camshaft position sensor (there may be more than one) as well as the trigger on the camshaft(s). If nothing is apparent from that, then do the same with the crankshaft position sensor.

-Rod

Quick Reply: 2018 dodge durango 3.6 penstar p0300 p0301