Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carusso1
I have been reading the messages left in the forum for several weeks now trying to decide whether to by a reprogrammer or not. Based upon most of you guys sounding like you are happy with the added performance you are seeing as a result of the reprogrammer, last week I decided to finally bite the bullet and by the SC Cortex for my 2008 5.7L Ram. I have run the 87 tune, the tow/haul tune, and now the 91 tune and am not seeing the increases I had hoped to. In fact, I really haven't noticed a change at all. Does anyone have any suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
When I had my SC tuner, I saw/felt the gains from the 87 tune (ran on 89 octane) more in the low end and from a dead stop up to like 45-50mph it pulled nice and hard but the top end seemed to be lacking a little, with the performance 91 tune, there wasn't a noticeable difference on the low end (the 87 felt better), but it pulled a lot harder in the top end and gave my mpgs a boost over the 87 tune.

Also between the different tunes, did you reset the trucks computer and give it a week or two to learn the tune and relearn your driving habbits? That can also make a difference as well when going by how the truck feels on the butt dyno and how it performs.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 AM
ArkHemi
Professional
Red face

Ok, Sil, Scott and Tom, I'm calling you guys out. I sold my 3815 and am buying into the new release. I should have the 3865 here tomorrow or Monday so I'm buying into the new release that you guys are claiming is the bomb.

Don't let me down.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:02 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Ok, Sil, Scott and Tom, I'm calling you guys out. I sold my 3815 and am buying into the new release. I should have the 3865 here tomorrow or Monday so I'm buying into the new release that you guys are claiming is the bomb.

Don't let me down.
Congrats. You'll be very pleased you did the upgrade.

Sil

Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by carusso1
I have been reading the messages left in the forum for several weeks now trying to decide whether to by a reprogrammer or not. Based upon most of you guys sounding like you are happy with the added performance you are seeing as a result of the reprogrammer, last week I decided to finally bite the bullet and by the SC Cortex for my 2008 5.7L Ram. I have run the 87 tune, the tow/haul tune, and now the 91 tune and am not seeing the increases I had hoped to. In fact, I really haven't noticed a change at all. Does anyone have any suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I have the same truck/tuner combo as you and the only 2 things that I noticed on the 2 tunes I have tried(performance and tow/haul) is that it definatly does shut off my MDS off and the 106mph speed limit was lifted. Other that that I had to go to the dealer last week to have a new key made and I was worried about them possibly reflashing my truck so I set her back to stock before the 50 mile journey to the dealer. I felt absolutly no diffrence in power or the shift points. Actualy the truck had noticably more torque. My truck will NOT spin the tires with the tuner instaled at all on either tune, even when I stand on the brakes to power brake it NOTHING. When I was back on the stock tune leaving the line she would light them up with no hesitation!

But I still put the tuner back on because I can not stand the MDS, I am now running a $350 tuner on the stock tune with the MDS disabled and the speed limiter moved up to 140.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Wow. Received my 3865 from Moe's today. I can't believe how small this thing is compared to the 3815. When I saw the box sitting on my porch I thought it was a couple of HDMI cables I had ordered from Newegg!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 03:34 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ thought the same thing when i got mine

Old 07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I read back through this thread looking for the answer but couldn't find any definite info. When Tom says that the new trans tuning will only work on the next generation superchips programmers, does that include the cortex? Just wondering if the cortex will be getting the same trans options as the new 3865.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I read back through this thread looking for the answer but couldn't find any definite info. When Tom says that the new trans tuning will only work on the next generation superchips programmers, does that include the cortex? Just wondering if the cortex will be getting the same trans options as the new 3865.
Originally Posted by Scott@SC

I have also been told that after the HEMI advanced trans options are released to 3865 and 3950 owners that the Dodge team will be working on getting that option to the 4.7L owners who own 3865 and 3950 programmers next.

I will be sure to post dates for release as I receive the data.

Scott

Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Thanks buddy

Old 07-19-2009, 12:42 PM
HEMIslide
Rookie

Quick question here...I have the 3815 (not discussing the 3865), running the performance tune, w/ MDS 'off.' There are times when the truck will launch from a dead stop and other times, well, I feel like I riding with Mom.

I understand there are other mods to be had, but just wondering about the consistency (or inconsistency) I see? I love the smoothness in shifting here with the tuner, but would like to understand the difference 'off the line.' Is there anything specific I should look at w/ the tuner, like a setting to make it more consistent? I have had it in tow/etc, and it seems to do the same thing as well. Just wondering....Thanks.

-slide

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates