Window Lock DIY

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Denniss66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Lock DIY

alot of the dodge vehicles with the same window lock as the rams like to fail making it so you can only function the windows from the driver side.

Here is how to take apart the window lock switch and fix it.

First off take the window switch pad off the door and unhook the two plugs. you should be able to just pull it up without having to take the door panel off.

Take out all the screws on the bottom side of the window switches.

Now this is the hardest part of getting it apart. All the window switch covers got to come off. I used a set of needle nose pliers to get them off you just got to pry them off. there is the door lock the four window switches and the window lock to come off the mirror controls stay on.

This is what it should look like when your done getting the switch covers off

next take the top off to get at the circuit board i started from the sides and worked my way to the front.

This is the window lock switch you will have to take the little black cap off trying not to brake the two tabs off that hold it together.

Here is the black cap that comes off the switch.

Now the spring that pushes the switch up i stretched it out a little bit so it pushes the switch up a bit harder.

This is iside the switch after you pull out the white piece there is alot of grease in there i clean some of it out but didn't clean it up completely.

now push the white piece back in with the matal facing the two prongs using a flat screw driver push the white piece down and bend out the two prongs. I bent them out enough that the white piece wouldn't come back out unless you pulled it out they should make a firm connection to the metal piece on the white part.

Now this can be kind of irritating putting the spring back in on the side of the switch box. The arrow points to a little hole that the bottom part of the spring goes into or else the top part wont run in the track. once getting the spring in pop the black cover piece back on.

Now before assembling the switch plug it back into the truck to see if it works first if it doesn't chances are the two prongs may need to be bent out a little more. if it works assemble it and try it out again good luck to whom ever tries it.

Quick Reply: Window Lock DIY