Diablo Information and Reviews

Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Stormin264
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Teach, just out of curiosity..what truck did the guy have that you traded? I had a DSP at first but couldnt get it to work with my truck or computer. I spent a total about 3 hrs on the phone with Diablo and they never could get it working so I sent it back and got the Cortex.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormin264
Hey Teach, just out of curiosity..what truck did the guy have that you traded? I had a DSP at first but couldnt get it to work with my truck or computer. I spent a total about 3 hrs on the phone with Diablo and they never could get it working so I sent it back and got the Cortex.
He actually had an 05 just like you. From what he told me, it would never make it all the way through the programming process. It must have been something to do with his truck bc after updating it I was able to tune my truck on the first try.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Make sure you log for knock and fuel retard (not calling you a tard) A couple degrees of short term knock isn't bad but any more than that you'll want to pull timing and/or add some fuel. It'll log all kinds of stuff so it'll take time for you to learn...start by logging st/lt knock, spark advance, and rpm's and view it on the dataviewer (download it from diablo).
Those are the parameters that I logged before I added the timing. I was only showing about 1 degree of short term kr on the shifts and none any other times. I am going to take it out again tomorrow and try working on the tune a little more.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Stormin264
Professional

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
He actually had an 05 just like you. From what he told me, it would never make it all the way through the programming process. It must have been something to do woth his truck bc after updating it I was able to tune my truck on the first try.
Must have been something peculiar about that year or something. It never was able to update and kept asking for a missing file. Diablo had no idea what it was. I'd love to try one again, but the first impression wasnt so great. Thanks.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:51 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll stick with my SC. the tranny shifts alone are worth it.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

05's have all the features so tranny shifts would be included... Teach how do your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times compare to the SC. I think I will be picking one up after all. (I really want the bigger cam now!!!)

Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Hoss356
Captain

Originally Posted by Stormin264
I had a DSP at first but couldnt get it to work with my truck or computer. I spent a total about 3 hrs on the phone with Diablo and they never could get it working so I sent it back and got the Cortex.
Define irony, I had the cortex and for two weeks was troubleshooting it with SC to no avail, now I have a DSP and it's been plug and play from the minute I bought it.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
I'll stick with my SC. the tranny shifts alone are worth it.
Yea dude like truckin said...05's have it all and I think it's the only year with part throttle downshifts/upshifts the other years just have upshifts so far.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
Teach how do your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times compare to the SC. I think I will be picking one up after all. (I really want the bigger cam now!!!)
I haven't figured out how to do those kind of runs with the DSP or if it even logs that kind of data, I am still learning how it works. I also need to do a little more fine tuning to my tune before I will be ready to do some runs.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Aldogs Hemi

Can the DSP alter a 2006 trans?
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews