Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diablo Information and Reviews

Well, after waiting for 6 months for SC to come out with some new features I finally gave up on them. So last week I found a guy who had a DSP but couldn't get it to load on his truck. I offered to trade him my SC for his DSP and he agreed. It arrived today and I got a chance to try it out.

First off, it needed to be updated. That got me worried bc I know how long it can take to update a SC bc I updated my old one right before I shipped it off to its new owner and it took over 10 minutes. But to my surprise, the DSP updated very quickly, much faster than SC. After updating I took it out to my truck and decided to try a tune. Plugged it in and it updated my PCM, that took a little while (about 4 minutes) but luckily it is a one time thing. After updating my PCM I went into programming my truck. I increased the idle at first and nothing else and then installed the 93 performance tune. Uploading the tune onto my truck took about 5 minutes. Again, this programming also required the extraction of my stock tune which took some time but as I would find out later, this again was a one time thing and all subsequent uploads would be much faster. Now it was time to take it for a ride. Unfortunately I still have the same soft stock shifting bc the DSP does not support my TCM so there was no improvement there. However, when I just floor it the power is very strong. After taking it for a few rides and doing some data logging, I then went in and added some timing, something that I could never do with my SC. This time the reprogramming was very fast, as in 1 minute to upload the new program with the updated timing. Took it for a ride again and wow, even more power. Unfortunately, at this point I had to head home to pack up some of the items I sold this week but I plan on doing some more fine tuning tomorrow.

So, as I see it, the DSP has more power, better features, a faster interface for updating the programmer and faster uploads of programs onto the vehicle than the SC. SC on the other hand has better shifting. Overall, I would say that trading my SC for the DSP was one of the best decisions that I have made in a while .

Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but now you have a sponge for a transmission...

too bad it doesn't do your trans, so no cam yet

Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

congrats man. what a nice week for you. become a mod and get a diablo lol

Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
but now you have a sponge for a transmission...

too bad it doesn't do your trans, so no cam yet
Damn spongy transmission.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

been waitin for this for this comparison for a while. too bad the DSP for the 03 is worthless...got like half the features. Oh well... i can do the TMR mod

Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Make sure you log for knock and fuel retard (not calling you a tard) A couple degrees of short term knock isn't bad but any more than that you'll want to pull timing and/or add some fuel. It'll log all kinds of stuff so it'll take time for you to learn...start by logging st/lt knock, spark advance, and rpm's and view it on the dataviewer (download it from diablo).

Old 06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

that's what I am waiting for, either SCT or Diablo to have the tranny down for the '04s

Old 06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Double post but I don 't think it'll be too long before at least 04 gets tranny support. Hey you can get your more aggressive cam now with a custom tune...so there's a bright side.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:01 PM
fox_racer627
Rookie

Give the computer some time to adjust to the new tune and youll notice the shifts get a little firmer. I'm not sure how it will compare to the SC but I could tell a huge difference in the shifting a few days after I downloaded the new CROM file and after having used the old one for months.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

teach you need to post this info in the SC thread them guys would apreaciate it

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews