3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

HID's

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007 | 03:01 PM
abarmby
|
Champion
Default HID's

Whilst recently being on holiday in the USA (Florida), I took advantage of purchasing a set of HId's for the Ram.
I bought a Golden Eye HID Lighting System conversion.
The number says it's for a 9007SK, the 9007 referenced to our head light bulb number.
The problem, is that the instructions are typically in that mixed up Chinese to English translation, with stetments like "insert housing into cover, and circumvolve housing toward right until hearing clatter".........??????? WTF ?????
Anthow, I tried the install myself and got a lamp out error message on the dash and also when I flip the switch to main beam......yep you guessed......no main beams. They did light up and look real bright.
They have a section in the instructions trying to outline a "special circuit solution", but due to the poor Chinese/English it's a no go ha ha ha.
Anyone fitted one of these kits and in particular this make and model?
Apparently, they are quite popular as a conversion over in the good old United States.
Any help, as always is appreciated.[sm=feedback.gif]
Al.

Old 05-15-2007 | 04:28 PM
Yellowsally
Rookie
Default RE: HID's

I can't help you, but I feel your pain. I put together a BBQ once and had my neighbor light it after I was done. I wanted to watch from a distance. Sorry I couldn't help.