3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

replacing goodyear wrangler hps with a better tire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
ronn2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodyear wrangler hps

I have a 2006 Dodge 1500 4x4 with 44,000 and I have good tread on my tires. This is my second tire in a year I had to replace, both had the belts break inside the tire, Oh yeah and there not under any warrenty. Im looking for some all season tires to replace them before they kill me

Old 03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
NHHEMI
Professional

Originally Posted by ronn2006
I have a 2006 Dodge 1500 4x4 with 44,000 and I have good tread on my tires. This is my second tire in a year I had to replace, both had the belts break inside the tire, Oh yeah and there not under any warrenty. Im looking for some all season tires to replace them before they kill me
I took my Junkyear HP's off and sold them to a schmuk just as soon after buying the truck as possible( 3000 miles ). I knew how horrible they were and didn't want them or the 20's but I could not find a truck with the 17's so I was stuck with them.They almost killed me in the short time I had them on during the bad weather. Even in 4WD they suck in the snow.

Anyway, a very good all season tire to replace them is the Firestone Destination LE. These are what I used to replace them and they have been great. 2nd truck of mine with them plus I had them on an SUV and they are an excellent tire. They are available in the OE P275/60R-20 size for a reasonable figure. Improved ride and handling( all conditions )over the HP's plus they will last a long time as well.

You will get some slip in the snow at times in 2WD( once 4WD goes on they are fine ). Wide tires actually are worse in snow than narrower ones so you start out with issues in bad weather running the 20's. The 17's I have run on other vehicles with the LE's did better in the snow as they are narrower. The 20's have performed well too though. Night and day better than the HP's.

Highly recommend them. Why Dodge continues to use these god awful POS tires is beyond me.

My truck with them...
Name:  IMG_1162.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  70.7 KB

Firestone Destination LE...

Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
LazyLightning
Professional

People been diggin up old posts here lately!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 AM
NHHEMI
Professional

Probably people who have been yelled at for not using the search when asking a question. I noticed it was an old thread myself but my response was to the member who posted recently.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 AM
LazyLightning
Professional

Yea thats a good thing. Still funny tho.

Quick Reply: replacing goodyear wrangler hps with a better tire?