3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

how many of you have working HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stfuBUDDY
raider jay has like the best ram i have ever seen.. next make it flat black
Thanks! No flat black for me except for accents. Twiggy on DT is doing retro-fits on his truck now and his kit has all you need no adding anything.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3
Thank God, I haven't seen a truck on here with HID's AND projectors. Apparently no one got the memo.
Memo??? Oh so thats what thats pinkish piece of paper was.... Hmm thought it was to put under my oil pan to catch and soak up the spilled oil...

Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 AM
stfuBUDDY

yea i know of only one other person in the world that has a 02-05 ram that has OEM Infinity projectors, anyways a projector is not the ones that have halos around them and you see on ebay, those are halogen projectors, the true projectors are the ones they take out of porsches, lexus, acura, etc, and them "retro fit them" into stock halogen housing. many say it is the "proper way" to use "HID's" but all the projector stuff is for a forum all of its own. and me having this POS ram makes it 20 times harder.... and more expensive...

Old 03-25-2009, 03:29 AM
stfuBUDDY

really hope this thread can help you guys. Ur making the road more dangerous than it already is by adding a HID kit to your car. so please do HID the right way by doing a retrofit.

HID kits are illegal due to the glare that they cause. Glare is Light that is emitted in a Uncontrollable path. When light is traveling in a uncontrollable path it can hit other vehicle operators affecting there vision because of the High amount of uncontrollable light that is being Emitted from a HID kit in a standard Halogen housing. If you have ever turned a flashlight on right in front of your face while it is dark out, that is the same feeling that the other drivers on the road experience from a standard HID kit.

OEM Vehicles such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus are all equipped with HID or Xenon Headlights. Some use reflector housing’s without projectors. Others use HID projectors.

The Lexus IS300 is a Prime Example of a HID reflector housing. It does not use a Projector. It uses a Specially designed Reflector housing that is meant to use HID. This does not create the Super sharp cutoff. But it does control where the light is being Emitted.

Other vehicles such as the Honda S2000 Use HID projectors, These Projectors are meant to use HID. They are Specially Designed and have been tested Hundreds of times to get the right projection of light while maintaining a Good Cutoff.

Here are pictures of Halogen housings mated with a HID kit

those are not my words, i could care less about saftey but i want to maximize my light output lol... a projector will make it look like that and i want that

Quick Reply: how many of you have working HID's?