3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Painted my badges black on saturday

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
haha yea im glad that my truck made one pic lol
Looks to me like your truck was actually in two pictures.

Black badges look really nice. As stated, black and yellow is another nice theme. And you should pop the back off of your Ram head to make it stand out.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by ried69
Looks to me like your truck was actually in two pictures.

Black badges look really nice. As stated, black and yellow is another nice theme. And you should pop the back off of your Ram head to make it stand out.
Yeah, payday is coming up here on friday, so hopefully I can find a better way to hold them on there and while I do that I'll remove the black backing on that tailgate badge.

Tomorrow is another day off, and since it's been so NICE out the last couple days (65 allll day), i will probably spend some of it scraping off that SLT haha.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

As promised, on my day off I finished up the back haha.
Name:  0924091441.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  74.2 KB

The ever-present sonic cup again lmao. I think the next thing I'm doing is getting a chip

Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good man. u still working saturday?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

looks great!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Thanks Steve, and yeah Nick I work 1-9 =\

Old 09-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Stormin264
Professional

what are you asking for the rims?
would you ship to Florida?

Originally Posted by Ice-Forever
So I finally got a day off, after two 7 day weeks and a 6 day week, to do some work on my truck, and I decided that I would use it to take my badges off and paint them black. So I called up Nick and he headed over and the work began.

We both thought that this would be a pretty easy project, but it turned out to be kind of a bitch lol...Oh well, we got it done still, and I think it looks really really good with the yellow. Now I just need to sell my rims and get some black ones and i will be set!

I appologize for how dirty my truck is, it had been raining here for like 4 days and like I said, I haven't had much time to do ANYTHING lately...Anyway, here are some pics.

With the badges off and that gross gunky glue...

The other side

Badges all removed

About to lay on the adhesive promoter/primer

I was so busy scraping glue off that I forgot to take a primer pic haha, so black on!

More coats on the badges

Badges back on in black

Leaving the SLT off, but hadn't scraped off all the gunk yet.

Driver side

and that's that.

BIG thanks to Nick (silverbullet), without him this would have taken me even longer than it did haha, and I probably would have cut myself w a razor blade at least 10 more times.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:36 AM
Hollywood589
Professional

once you remove the badges whats the best way to remove the residue if your not putting them back on with out jacking up ur paint?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by Hollywood589
once you remove the badges whats the best way to remove the residue if your not putting them back on with out jacking up ur paint?
Um, I didn't have to mess with more than the SLT leftover, so I just scraped it off with my fingers/fingernails and them used the rough side of a sponge to get the very small residue that I couldn't get with my fingers.

I was afraid to use goof off or something like that on the paint bc I didn't want to ruin it/the clearcoat or whatever. Seen too many threads about that kinda stuff, haha.

As for the guy asking about the rims...I am asking 1200 for all 4. I looked around a bit and found them going for like 300-400. So since the new rims I want to get are cheaper I am just gonna sell them off for around the low end of that so I can get this done. But, I'm kind of in a tricky spot. I've been trying to find someone I know who will buy them so that I can get the money up front, order in the new rims, and then get them put on and give them the ones that are on there now. Otherwise I don't know what I would drive around on? haha. Depending on shipping prices and everything, though...If it wasn't too bad and I decided to sell them to you, it would probably have to wait at least a month when I will have enough money to front the new rims and stuff til I sold the ones I have now. I'm a college student and I pay insurance and a truck payment every month as it is, so it would take some time to get about a grand in the bank to play with like that.

Last edited by Ice-Forever; 09-25-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Stormin264
Professional

Thanks anyway, I can get 4 new shipped for that. Truck looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Painted my badges black on saturday