3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help someone anyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM
THORrider350
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help someone anyone

Basically i am wondering if someone has a number that i can report the dealership i just bought my dodge from so being scam artists. Supposidly my "certified" dodge ram went through a 128 point inspection and that is why it is "certified" new used or some ****. Well since i got it i have taken it back 5 times for different things and i have only had it for 1 month, i took it back the first day after i noticed all kinds of stuff wrong with it and now i am fed up with the run around and want to go higher than them cause this is rediculous.

things wrong-
-wheel had a piece missing from it, they replaced the wheel.
-2 speakers were blown, they replaced them.
-a pillar column clip was broke, they replaced it.
-piece of glass was broken in rear window, replaced the whole back window.
-some unbearable noise from underneath the front left shock? wheel? something? They took it in and said it was fixed and i take it down the road and sure enough it is still messed up, said they replaced the sway something??

i took it right back and the guy says EVERYTIME were real busy and cant fit it in for a week, this is how it has been since the start!

Also, the carfax says no accidents but sure enough the drivers side part of the bed is a for sure shade lighter than it should be and there is some horride over spray. i understand i should of looked the truck over ALOT better than i did but there is no way this truck went through a CERTIFICATION to be a certified new used truck or whatever

Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Been there and done that.......

Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why didnt you look it over before you bought it? If you're finding the stuff now, you would have seen it then too.

Unfortunately, you have no case against them whatsoever. "Certified" is basically just a gimmick anyway. Its still as-is. You're lucky they're actually fixing the stuff! Since they are, you have no claim on them. Just hope you dont keep having problems. If you do, look into calling it a lemon perhaps

Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
dblrnut

sorry to hear that man, Ive been there too when I was younger got all excited cause I could get a used wrx I paid 19,000 for a car with a shot 2nd gear, missing side skirt, needed new control arms, bearings, and the wheel was about to fall off,
I guess it did not help that I got it airborne on a few occasions . hey its a rally car so every drive was a race

Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Certified" is a gimmick to add a few hundred $$ to the price. Pretty sure you can forget any lemon law on a used vehicle. Plus, you've not had any repeat repairs. Be glad they're taking care of stuff (so far). I don't see any "scam" here.

Carfax is pretty much useless, especially for this type of stuff.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Busdriver9
Professional

seems to me they are trying to take care of you...maybe not as fast as you would like but they have fixed or in only 1 case attemted to fix...sounds to me that you should be more upset at yourself for not checking it out better. When I buy a vehicle I take it to my local shop that I trust to inspect for anything they can find...most of your complaints they wouldn't even be looking for. With that said good luck with the unbareable noise getting fixed...that would be the end of your list...right?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:52 PM
sbsga
Professional

dblrnut......lol, me and a buddy added the wrx to a list of cars we would never buy used yesterday, you just know the person who had it before you dogged the crap out of it, its like buying a v6 mustang...just funny you said that.

as for the issues with the new truck, it looks to me they have done a lot more than moste dealers will do already, I would just be happy I was getting taken care of. and carfax reports only get hits from repairs with insurance companies invovled.