3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Another Amazing Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
kramer04hemi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Amazing Exhaust Question

Hey Guys,

I was doing so looking around at my truck, and it looks like the exhaust system is a flowmaster with the magnaflow tips, not a complete magnaflow as originally thought, and it must have been put on when the truck was originally purchased as it looks like from the michigan winters the systems hangers have corrorded and are no longer attached to the pipes and etc, so i am thinking of running it through the winter and then replacing it next year. I was doing some searching and did not see to many people running the SLP Power Flo system.. Is anybody running this system? If you are how does it compare to the Magnaflow system? that is the other system im looking at as well.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ive never heard of it but if the exh pipes are loose I would at least go ahead and have them welded in place unless you are not driving the truck. With them able to flex of move, it can cause other issues like more breakage, cracks in welds, manifold leaks, ect.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
kramer04hemi
Amateur

Yeah here is a link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...Q5fAccessories

I know they make good parts i had there xpipe w/cats and loudmouth system for my 03 gt and it was an amazing system.

But yeah i noiticed the whole system is welded together besides the rear hangers that help hold up the tail pipes coming out the back, So yeah its my new daily driver and it seems really solid execpt i can more the rear drivers side pipe alot.. so ill just get it spot welded or maybe even just try and weld it myself and fix it..

Old 09-25-2010, 11:04 AM
nussdawg395
Veteran

Wow i never heard of that before either, but looks good enough. And +1 with weed. My exhaust looked the same, my flowmaster system rotted to hell and the hangers broke, and it wasnt long before the pipes were draggin on the ground n the muffler was falling off. Im talking a matter of a month of driving. It turned bad fast.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM
kramer04hemi
Amateur

And just another question is anyone running the MBRP system? How does that sound compared to the magnaflow.

Quick Reply: Another Amazing Exhaust Question