3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cooper Zeon LTZ - Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 05:07 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen the Zeon LTZ in a bigger size than stock?

Old 10-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Racinartist
All Star

And then there's these...

https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop...season=Regular

33 x 12.5 for $180 and change. If you're into the offroad thing anyway. Haven't found any bad reviews either. But I'm sure they're kinda noisy...

Old 10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran

Originally Posted by Racinartist
And then there's these...

https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop...season=Regular

33 x 12.5 for $180 and change. If you're into the offroad thing anyway. Haven't found any bad reviews either. But I'm sure they're kinda noisy...

Alright, 35x12.5 R 20 for $193!!!

Who has heard of these tires before? Anyone?

32111510635x12.50R20$193.74Blackwall
Load Range E: 10 ply
Usually Ships in 24 Hours

You can see the manufacturer's mileage rating here.

Couragia Mud Terrain

Mud Terrain

COURAGIA M/T is specially created for conquering any off-road conditions, especially mud terrain. With specially formulation of advanced tread compound, Couragia M/T can resists cuts, chips and abrasions for long life and even wear. Uniquely designed incremental block edge improves clearance of dirt and sand for constant performance. Unprecedented traction, grip and strength, COURAGIA M/T is designed to handle the toughest terrains.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
cjs4444
All Star

Matt99 just got a set of these...and he is going to be pissed when he sees that price.....OMG....

Old 10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Racinartist
All Star

I did some searching online and couldn't find any reviews that had ANYthing bad to say about the Couragia M/T's. Great in mud, not TOO loud on the highway, etc. Guys even say the wear is great. Only downside I can see is that they only offer limited sizes. :/

Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran
Smile

Originally Posted by cjs4444
Matt99 just got a set of these...and he is going to be pissed when he sees that price.....OMG....

Well, did he ****???

Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

OP, did you finally get tires or are you still actively looking?

My impressions of Cooper Zeon LTZ's is they are a cross breed of A/T and street. They are very good in the snow and are outstanding in wet weather. I find them to be a little slick in mud but I was involved in thick clay and are a little "slick" if you will on gravel. They are super quiet on the highway. I mean super quiet. The looks are stunnin IMO and are not overkill with crap up the sidewall..etc
I would rate them an 8 out of 10 overall and I'm a picky tire guy so that's a good rating.

I would stay away from aggressive treaded tires for onroad use especially no-namers. MOST dedicated offroad tires like those are generally biasply and not steel belted which means NO highway! I seen nothing that stated those Coragia or whatever they are...are steel belted. They are rated by load range so it's hard to tell.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

I'll give you another vote for the Zeon LTZ. I really like mine. I've had them on for 10.5 months. I don't drive the truck too much, so that's only about 2500 miles. I bought them as replacements for the crappy stockers. They handle much better in the rain, were decent in the snow, and they look good to boot. 2500 miles and they look brand new. I don't know they'll hold up as the mileage increases. It would be interesting to hear about the tire wear. I don't think they've been out for that long... 2 years maybe?

I've been very happy with the purchase. They are night and day between the stockers and the LTZ's.

One note - I did have a "bad" tire when I first purchased them. It pulled badly. I was having problems with the alignment, and after moving the tire to the back, the alignment was great. Ended up having Discount Tire replace it under warranty.

joe

Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree with 'dog, the LTZs fit a much needed niche as a hybrid between a traditional street All-Season radial tire and a true All-Terrain tire. Good tire especially in northern climates for winter or for a truck that only goes off the pavement on dry trails, like camping, etc.

There are also some really good true All-Terrain tires that are designed for excellent highway performance. Chief among them are Nitto Terra Grapplers, Toyo Open Country A/Ts and Mickey Thompson ATZs. Which should be considered if your off-road jaunts include some terrain more than just dry trails. Although NOT anywhere close to a Mud-Terrain tire off-road, they give a good balance of performance on both.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Blacksport
Captain

Originally Posted by nussdawg395
Wow i kind of like those LTZ's. And its all on personal preference if you want to go bigger. I like the look of those on the first pic you posted.
Ditto.

Quick Reply: Cooper Zeon LTZ - Your Thoughts