3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I think im ready for some more mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
BrandonWallace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think im ready for some more mods

my truck= 5.7,regular cab ,short wheel base

Ok, so here is what i have so far,a flowmaster ,super chips,home brew cia, fast man tb, and a few small things like the power wire mod. I got my butt handed to me by another ram last night and I have to step it up a little hha. I was thinking about a set of headers and possibly a cam, either the 6.1 cam or a comp cam. I know there is a ton of post on all of this that i have read but im still undecided on what to go with. I would like to keep on the cheeper side and best bang for the buck. What cam and headers should i pick?? Any other mods that i have missed that i should pick up. What about the e fan, is it worth it, is it cheep??
Help me out here hha I cant let this dude win again haha

Old 10-04-2010, 12:46 AM
CardinalsFan11
Professional

Supercharge! You'll torch him everytime!

Now if you don't have like 4g laying around then cams are your best bet. I personally dont have one nor can I offer you any insight onto which type to get. But hey, a friendly bump to the top never hurt anyone...(except those at the top now..)

Old 10-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Atwiss
Professional
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional

Originally Posted by BrandonWallace
my truck= 5.7,regular cab ,short wheel base

Ok, so here is what i have so far,a flowmaster ,super chips,home brew cia, fast man tb, and a few small things like the power wire mod. I got my butt handed to me by another ram last night and I have to step it up a little hha. I was thinking about a set of headers and possibly a cam, either the 6.1 cam or a comp cam. I know there is a ton of post on all of this that i have read but im still undecided on what to go with. I would like to keep on the cheeper side and best bang for the buck. What cam and headers should i pick?? Any other mods that i have missed that i should pick up. What about the e fan, is it worth it, is it cheep??
Help me out here hha I cant let this dude win again haha
first of all.. what kind of ram blew you away? specailly since you have a regular cab short box (lot less weight than QUADS) with a hemi. unless he's a hopped up diesel....?

Inertia Spartan cam and Inertia BV heads. That should put you put you up 30-40 Hp. Do it yourself for around 2k.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year truck do you have?
Gears is one of the better mods..

Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Lots of threads on all of this but most guys like Pacesetter long tube headers.

As for cam, you dont say what year you have but i would say either a FRI Sidewinder or a Comp cams 260. If you have money for custom tuning (sell the SC and buy a DSP) you can get a KRC 210 cam or a Comp Cams 268.

As for gears, get 456s and get to a speed a lot faster.

Look in here also for more help - 3rd Gen Ram FAQs

Old 10-04-2010, 11:54 AM
bamataco
Veteran

I would say exhaust system and/or gears.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how aggressive of a cam kinda depends on what year your truck is. So if you can post what it is that would help some as well.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
BrandonWallace

My ram is an 08, and the ram that outran me is basically the same truck with the same mods except his is an 05 with headers and the e fan.We have actually built them together. On bottom he pulled slightly mids we were about the same and top he ran off and left me. He also has lower profile tires, i got spanked pretty good haha. I really dont want to go into special tuning and special grinds for cams so I would like to keep it pretty basic. My truck is a daily driver too, so i have to keep it from getting out of hand lol.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

gears hands down go 4.56 motives at moesperformance.com, and do you have the advanced trans tuning from superchips if not spend the 40 bucks get it and start tuning your trans., an efan is a fairly inexpensive mod buy a NEW taurus fan on ebay for like 70 bucks and a controller at aap for 40 wire it up and go....everyone else helped out with headers im gonna say a new uni y-pipe and a better muffler( i need this also i hate my f/m and y), this stuff will get you cruising....

Quick Reply: I think im ready for some more mods