3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Just wanted to show you guys........

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:17 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to show you guys........

the new crack in my dash!!

I brought my daughter to school this morning, came home and parked for about an hour. I noticed it as soon as I got back in the truck to run to the store.

When I bought the truck it had a couple small cracks toward the drivers side of the dash, near the defrost vents. They were and are really small cracks and dont appear to be getting any worse. The passenger side has begun cracking really bad though:

The 2 worst ones are near the passenger side defrost vent and above the pass. side a/c vent. I will watch them and keep inventory for now and when I get tired of them (and the $$$) I will buy and put a cap on it.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:16 PM
azlodaniel1
Amateur

When I owned an 03 mine cracked in the same place. I bought a cap and no one ever new.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
rayk3

On my 02, the piece above that with the defroster vents is cracked in several places. Dodge wants $300.00 for it. It will stay broken until I find a reasonable fix.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:29 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The dash's get very brittle and when they crack...they really crack. it can finally happen from going over a bump in the road or even parked in the sun.

You can buy a dash pad to cover it up, plus with a pad, you won't get any glare off the dash from the sun. I notice glare off mine when driving in the sun and I have the light khacki colored interior.
I plan to use my sunshade religiously so my dash don't crack on me because when I was parked in the sun last week and left my shade off for about an hour, my dash was extremely hot to the touch and it wasn't even that warm out. Just amazing that the suns rays are as intense at 65* as they are at 95*.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have picture of their dash cover from LMC truck? The ones that are plastic that are glued or taped on top of the old one. Mine is cracked to and is getting worse by the day.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:38 AM
tlawre87
Veteran

I know on my dads 01 he just went on ebay and bought a black abs plastic one and painted it to match. I looks pretty good. The only noticeable difference is around the passenger airbag. Im sure you could find one for an 02.
Surprisingly enough my moms 96 just got its first crack about a month ago. They bought it new and she is always good about using a windshield cover.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to show you guys........