3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

radio to navigation bezel conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 12:41 AM
infernoredram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio to navigation bezel conversion

Right now I have this set up in my truck:

i want to take out that radio and get the Pioneer AVH-P3200 DVD/Nav/Radio set up going on, but it won't fit with the bezel I currently have, so I would have to convert it to:

How would I go about the conversion? Would I simply just needa pop out the one I have right now and put in the Navigation Bezel or is there more to it?

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Nope, that is all that is involved for swapping the bezels. Pull one off and put the other one one. They snap into place. Obviously you are going to need wiring harnesses for the head unit though. There are lots of threads on double DIN setups and conversions.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM
infernoredram
Rookie

Alrighty sounds great! I'm pretty good with the wiring and the electronic stuff so I think I'll be alright there. Just worried I was gonna have to cut something lol. Also, is there some button or specific way to properly take out the bezel or do you just pop it out? I'd hate to scratch any of that area up haha.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Matt99
Champion

theres a set of screws under the cup holder...other than that you just take a flathead and rag and pry/pull...clips around the bezel hold it in

Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
bigmac18
Veteran

Your first picture actually has the 2 screws circled that you need to remove. those are the little green circles at the bottom, the screws are facing upwards (toward the roof) I would suggest leaving them out when you reinstall the new bezel, the clips hold it in just fine.

Quick Reply: radio to navigation bezel conversion