3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Valvoline Engine Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 01:35 PM
bigpappaholt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvoline Engine Guarantee

Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were about this. I've been considering switching to valvoline and signing up for this.

https://valvoline.promo.eprize.com/engineguarantee/

Old 10-30-2010, 01:47 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

https://valvoline.promo.eprize.com/engineguarantee/

Hasn't QuakerState done the same thing for like 15yrs now?
Anyways, they offer that to lure people in. How long do most people keep their vehicles? They also make you change your oil every 3-4kmi and with Synthetic, that is a total waste IMO and simply generates more revenue for them. I suppose if it makes you sleep better then go for it as I'm sure your engine could fail within the time you own it as that is very well possible but they won't cover any manufacturing problems, so if they say something was a defect and not caused by their oil, they won't cover you. Basically, the only things they will cover are bearings, rings, cylinder walls. That's it.
You must have less than 125kmi to enter and you must log in and update your profile every oil change!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 AM
bigpappaholt
Veteran

I currently have 80k miles and I typically have been changing my oil every 4k any ways. Normally you can get good deals on valvoline oil either full or blend.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
nussdawg395
Veteran

I agree with dirty, its a bit of a marketing ploy. I believe that there could be some scenario that it could be helpful but realistically its a 1 in a million shot. And as stated you have to keep track of every oil change, with receipts and I'm sure theres a massive amount off rules and stipulations before they just shell out a new motor for you. If you use valvoline and plan on keeping up on it, by all means go for it, doesnt cost any extra right?

Quick Reply: Valvoline Engine Guarantee