3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

CAI and tunner hemi 2500.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CAI and tunner hemi 2500.

Winter gas is here, so mpg is going to be down. I'm debating a CAI and a tunner for my 06 2500 hemi 6speed. Performance is not my main concern.

The debate is how much $$$ up front vers any cost savings down the road.

My truck ias a reg cab 373 ltd slip, g56 manul transmisson, true dual ex conversion ( on going nightmare keeping muffles )

I run the highest octane gas i can find ( not worried abought starting the cheap gas vers good gas vers the best gas debate) and the tbi is clean, spark plugs new, drive line fluids new, pcv filter, new.

The odd querk with my truck is it has a insane amount of top end speed, if possible, i would like to tone that down and improve mid range tourque or h/p

I'm a little shy taking a gamble with my money when a 800.00 worth of gas can take me to a lot of places a tunner and cai can't.

Temp is -25C now, is A CAI practical in colder climates?

Tunners a CAI may be cheaper, but not in Alberta...

Old 11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly,

I think the FIRST thing I would consider doing to help the gas mileage on a stock tune would be to get rid of the stock fan and go electric (parasitic drag--like an air brake). I have a diablo on mine and found the stock tune to get the best mileage---not performance. I haven't tried dialing back the fuel on the stock tune, I'm sure it would help a little, but the performance would suffer even more.

I think the next would be to open the exhaust to as free flowing as you can afford

Quick Reply: CAI and tunner hemi 2500.