3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

new to the ram and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
tannerdude33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the ram and a few questions

hey there just picked up my first ram this week and the first impressions are great for sure. I am looking at afew performance upgrades for it though first off is a nice exhaust system i'm leaning towards a flowmaster 50series HD muffler. I am however torn on springing for the full cat back system or just getting the muffler. are there any substantial gains on the full system? I'm Mostly after a nice rumble on the outside and a nice clearly audible tone in the cab, so long as its not obnoxious on long drives, secondly is a cold air intake, I was told the air raid system has the best flow just curious to hear everyones thoughts and opinions on theese questions.

sorry for the grammer and all blame instant messaging!!

thanks alot!!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 PM
tannerdude33

forgot to add this a 06 ram, im also interested in any free or cheap tranny upgrades i've noticed this thing is alittle slow to downshift and pretty much all the shifts are kinda soft, is there anything you can do to get a firmer more responsive shift

Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

check out the FAQ section. lots of info there that will help you out. IMO magnaflow is a much better quality than flowmaster. Superchips programmer may help you w/ your shiftpoints. Although def not free and not that cheap. However the value is going to be well worth it.

Quick Reply: new to the ram and a few questions