3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Black Grille

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:46 PM
s13_marine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Black Grille

Hey guys, been looking for a replacement grille, but I can't seen to find it. I think I may have to make it. A crome outter housing, with black billet horizontal inner bars. Just wondering everyone's thoughts? If i got a chrome one and just sanded down and painted the inside area, how well do you think it would hold up? Something like this:

Name:  beachtruckhondashay070.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  42.1 KB
But with the outter housing chrome... like this:
Name:  DSCF2549-2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  99.6 KB

It's a rough mockup I did with Paint.... Anyone seen a ram like this before? Thoughts?

Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie

Originally Posted by s13_marine
Hey guys, been looking for a replacement grille, but I can't seen to find it. I think I may have to make it. A crome outter housing, with black billet horizontal inner bars. Just wondering everyone's thoughts? If i got a chrome one and just sanded down and painted the inside area, how well do you think it would hold up? Something like this:

It's a rough mockup I did with Paint.... Anyone seen a ram like this before? Thoughts?
The closest i have seen to this is my buddy has a truck with the widemouth grille and has the outer painted white and the bars inside are chrome. Heres a picture
Name:  mikeystruck.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  39.6 KB

Old 11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Atwiss
Professional

this is off topic lol but how much was your spindle lift and i was wondering about the grill also but i really like the ones with just a vericle bar

Old 11-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Matt99
Champion

I think the widemouths if ALL black look alright, and the verticals look like a Furd. Neither are that great looking.

If you want a good looking grille, look at the RBP grilles...pricey but you can make your own out of your stocker for less than $100 and a few hours.

They make the Widemouth grilles in chrome, just buy that and paint the inner part black if you want that. Or powdercoat

Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Josh E
Professional

Originally Posted by s13_marine

Did you check the grills out from LMC Trucks? I just bought the full wide mouth with 4mm billet bars............mine are the actual color of billet but like you was saying.............rough'em up and spray them or have a shop do it.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:04 PM
reefguy89
Captain

Quick Reply: Black Grille