3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dual Flowmaster 40 or Cherry Bomb Vortex

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:34 AM
blackhemi05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Flowmaster 40 or Cherry Bomb Vortex

So I am thinking about getting exhaust and was comparing the flowmaster 40 to the cherry bomb vortex. Iv read where a lot of people say that the 40 drones a lot. But iv also been told the vortex will be too loud and give you a headache on a 5.7 ram. Which would be the best option? I was just gunna get 3 inch piping bent between the rear wheels and the corners without tips. Im just wanting suggestions and what you guys would think would be best.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've heard them both on a Hemi. There is not a lot of difference as far as how LOUD they are. The truck I heard with the FM40 had a good bit of drone where the Vortex didn't.

The biggest differences between the two is the flow rate, where the Vortex flows about 200 cfm better than the FM40 and the fact that the FMs seem to rust out much faster than most mufflers.

Keep in mind, if you don't want loud, then either of these mufflers would be a poor choice. They'll both be quite loud when you get on 'em...

Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Josh E
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good advice Hammer..............I have the Vortex myself and it gets pretty loud over 2 grand but at 70-80mph on the interstate it's supprisingly quiet. I personally was happy with the choice. Good luck picking blackhemi

Quick Reply: Dual Flowmaster 40 or Cherry Bomb Vortex