3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

painting headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:09 AM
hemiAK
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting headlights

Im getting ready to paint the headlight housings on my truck and i was just curious as to if anybody has had an issue with not getting a good seal after you have the assembly all torn apart and having moisture build up on the inside of the lens or do they seal up pretty well after its all done?

Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I never had issues with mine but sometimes drill some small extra holes in the back will let the inside air temps and outside air temps equalize so they wont fog up

Old 01-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Matt99
Champion

Im actually having problems with this. First set Ive had do this, and its my own!

I installed new HID bulbs that dont feel like they have a good seal. Im pretty sure its the bulbs and NOT the headlight. I drilled a hole and put a vent tube in my housings, but am pretty sure the housing has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
SeanW727
Professional

I used automotive goop (GOOP) when putting them back together... then did a bead of black silicone (Available at lowes in a squeeze tube for about 4$) .... Around the edge justto be sure... but i do have some problems ... So i did drill a hole in the bottom and the problem went away. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: painting headlights