3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

ext. warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 AM
jim.L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ext. warranty

i moved from one state to another. bought my ram new and purchased an ext warranty with it. i have 5 months left. i need the flapper in the dash replaced for the second time the passenger window wont roll down and i think i need a new t/b....

took it to the local dealer and low and behold....we do not take your ext warranty here.lmao.....i said i bought it from the dealer when i bought my truck new....no matter....we will not take it...so i went to other shops and they also would not take it....

i thought i was going to have to drive back to my home state where i bought my truck to have the work done. i called a dealer an hr away and they said they would help me...so if you are buying a new truck or a used one ...watch out for the ext warranty crap.....not every one takes them.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I would be calling Chrysler and complaining and make them put pressure on the dealer.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
zencyl
Professional

Yeah i think that is something Chrysler would be hearing about from me.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 AM
jim.L

well......i did call and complain...they noted it...lol....thats right...noted it.nothing they can do.they can not force any dealer to take the ext. warranty so they say . i was going to have to drive 5 hrs back to the dealer i bought it from.

i called one last dealer one hr away and they said they would take it. they also wanted to know who it was from.they only take certain ext . warrantys.

watch out when buying one. if no one takes it your sol .

Quick Reply: ext. warranty