3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fog Light Bulb Wattage

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM
PhillyEagleKGD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Bulb Wattage

Can anyone tell me the factory bulb wattage for the fog lights? I am thinking it has to be 55, right? Reason I ask; I bought some replacement bulbs off Ebay and they say they are 100W. Will they be ok in there, or will they cause problems? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:51 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes they are 55 watts. IDK if I would trust trust 100 watt bulbs in there. Maybe if they were in add-on lights like some KCs or Hellas but not OEM housings on OEM circuits and wire.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 AM
NHHEMI
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Yes they are 55 watts. IDK if I would trust trust 100 watt bulbs in there. Maybe if they were in add-on lights like some KCs or Hellas but not OEM housings on OEM circuits and wire.
Agreed 100%. Too much cheap plastic in there and wiring not designed to handle it = melting of things. Get some bulbs that run the OE 55W but have a 100W output brightness level( PIAA, Phillips, Sylvania, etc... ). I got some Phillips VisionPlus bulbs for my heads and fogs and they really increased the light( 50% over stoock is the claim - not sure what output brightness W is equal to ). I really like how bright the fogs are. HUGE difference there.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I wouldn't do it, I've done a lot of wiring and work inside my fuse box and in my '04 at least, the wiring for the fogs is pretty thin. The relay is a 30A, but the fuse is only 10A (I still ain't figured out why I have a fog relay AND a fog fuse).

I have Sylvania SilverStars in both my headlights and fogs. Huge improvement over the stock bulbs...

Quick Reply: Fog Light Bulb Wattage