3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

anybody regeared in memphis??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
ltvkid
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody regeared in memphis??

Ok so my 4.56's have finally arrived and I am located in memphis NOW just to get them INSTALLED...Anybody had there trucks regeared in memphis? I would like to find a good shop for a reasonable price that will back there work up! Any good shops around?

Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would call some speeds shops and transmission shops and ask around and see who they recommend

Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You can always go to the 4 Wheel Parts at 2369 Covington, phone number is 901-377-0323. They will be on the higher end of the price scale, but all 4 Wheel Parts stores will price match (since you already have your hardware, this ain't a factor), and will usually dicker on labor costs.

Most stores have a dedicated axle guy, so you'd in all likelihood get a good job, it's just a matter if you can get them to work with you on the labor, which will be tough since you didn't get the gears from them.

Going rate in my area is $300 per axle for installation only, plus fluids. If you can get them anywhere near that ballpark, have them do it. Added benefit is if you are traveling and have a problem, 4 Wheel Parts has locations all over. Keep in mind if you don't have one, you'll also need an install kit which would be another $100.

I'm not a huge 4 Wheel Parts fan, but I didn't find my local 4x4 shop who does it for $600 an axle (all parts & labor) until a year or so after I had my local 4 Wheel Parts do mine. I've since sent about five guys to the local 4x4 shop for gears instead of 4 Wheel Parts. Not that they did a bad job with mine, but because the local guy is cheaper, uses the same parts and does just as good of a job.

I had to go back and forth 3 times to 4 Wheel Parts when I got mine done. They originally quoted me $2200 for front & rear gears installed. After doing my homework and having them price match parts and really working them on the labor cost I ended up getting the gears AND adding a LSD with installation for under $1800. So with the value of the LSD at about $350, they came down over $700 from their original quote.

Biggest reason I use the local guy now is I HATE dealing with a place that makes you feel like you are negotiating with a car dealer for work. That's how 4 Wheel Parts is. They'll throw a stupid high price out and 90% of the people will pay it, but they'll dicker with you if you do your homework and know what the going rate is.

Moral to the story is: Most times they will do an excellent job and stand behind it, BUT you need to work them after they quote you.

Last edited by HammerZ71; 02-02-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 AM
ltvkid
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lowest ive found is 675 for install which isnt horrible but they dont have any warrenty

Quick Reply: anybody regeared in memphis??